Whale Watching in the Strait of Gibraltar from Tarifa, Cadiz
From: 36,00 €
Come to know and approach the fascinating world of the Cetaceans in a unique place and in an area declared a Biosphere Reserve: whales and dolphins, Atlantic and Mediterranean, Europe and Africa. This activity is designed for everyone. During the trip you will be accompanied by biologists who will give explanations about the 7 species of cetaceans that can be seen in the Strait of Gibraltar.
- Departure by boat.
- Guide-Biologists orientation during the tour.
- Travel insurance.
It is recommended to bring
- Sun protection.
- Comfortable footwear.
- Take medicine to prevent dizziness (biodramine).
- Adults: 40 €/each
- Children (6-14 y.o.): 30 €/each
- Infants (1-5 y.o.): 10 €/each
- Students/Erasmus: 36 €/each
- Pensioners/Disabled: 36 €/each
*Children free up to 1 year.
The fascinating experience of sailing in the Strait of Gibraltar, an area declared an International Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 2006, gains a little more excitement when friendly inhabitants of its waters, whales and dolphins, approach the boats to exhibit themselves and satisfy the curiosity of tourists.
The probability of success in the sighting is practically 100% in all the exits, with the guarantee of a second opportunity, in case of not having produced sighting of any species.
* The activity is subject to weather conditions and the schedule may vary depending on tides and wind.
Standards of behaviour
- Don’t feed the animals, don’t throw anything into the sea, don’t shout, don’t run on the boat and don’t touch the animals. Use a camera without a flash.
- We will approach the animals with caution avoiding disturbing them, using the distances, direction and speed recommended by the Spanish Legislation and the ACCOBAMS Regulations.
- We ask that parents/guardians/teachers take care of the children under their responsibility.
- As soon as we notice any sign of disturbance in the behavior of the animals we will leave the area where the animals are.
It is spacious and comfortable, with underwater vision room and capacity for 195 passengers, but we limit boarding to 150 passengers for added comfort during the sighting. It has male and female toilets, bar, internal video circuit, projector for audiovisual presentations, wheelchair access ramp, roofed area with large windows and upper deck without door seating.
Pirata de Sálvora
This is the newest boat in the Strait for whale watching. Its profile helps navigation in strong sea and wind conditions, it is a fast boat with excellent performance for whale watching, especially the sighting of Orcas that takes place at a longer distance from the port of Tarifa.
Note: this boat does not have a bar service, so It is advisable to bring some refreshments on board.
It is the ideal boat for the more adventurous a speedboat for up to 6 passengers. Used for the development of scientific research and audiovisual production with the personal attention of the guide-biologist throughout the tour groups.