Walking Tour around the Byzantine Venice, Italy
Have a walk outdoors through the most characteristic and important places for the history of Venice. A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic. Route: Piazza San Marco – Origins, history and description of the main monuments: Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
With your reservation we donate 5% of our income to reforestation or beach cleaning, you choose it
What does it include?
- Shared guided walking tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- Skip the Line: the Basilica and Pala d’Oro guided tour.
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Glass Craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
*This tour is free for children under 6
Santa Maria Formosa – History and anecdotes relating to this wonderful and characteristic square -Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo – The “Pantheon” of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune. Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre. Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, the vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the city’s main shopping street. After a short rest you visit one of the most majestic cathedrals of the world! On this tour, escorted by a qualified and experienced guide enjoy a full visit of this masterpiece of byzantine art, unique in Italy. You’ll have the pleasure of admiring beautiful gold mosaics and marble inlays in the floors, sitting comfortably while our guide will show you the represented biblical scenes, the history and the particularities of this ancient Basilica. Admire the Pala d’Oro, exquisite example of the byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones. After the visit of the Basilica you will have the opportunity to visit a Glass Factory close to Saint Mark’s Square where you can see a Glass Craftsman at work.
- For the visit of the Basilica suitable clothing is required (no shorts)
- For security reasons suitcases, backpacks or large bags are not allowed inside the Basilica and inside the Doges’ Palace, prior to your visit you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St. Mark’s Square- Calle san Basso).
- The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time! The tour is not considered private but is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- The visit to a Glass Factory is a free of charge optional tour of approximately 20 minutes and it is not a part of the tour.
- Unfortunately this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities – Comfortable shoes suggested.
- During some days of high turnout or for reasons of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
- This tour does not operate on April 18th and 25th; August 15th and during unplanned religious celebrations.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.