Special Event: Siena’s Palio Horse Race from Florence
From: 100,00 €
Experience the world-famous Palio horse race, the most exciting event in Siena, on a day trip from Florence. You’ll enjoy a guided tour of Siena, watch the race from the Piazza del Campo, and later have dinner at a restaurant in the piazza as well.
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual tour leader
- Guided tour of Siena with an expert guide
- Access to the square to watch the race
- Dinner in Piazza del Campo square
- 100 €/each
*Not suitable under 12 years old
The Palio is a famous horse race held twice a year in Piazza del Campo, in Siena. You will live all the drama and excitement of the four days of the Palio. On the the Palio’s eve, the “Prova Generale”, the second-last trial, is followed by a festive dinner. The next day, the most exciting events start in the afternoon with the horses blessing. After a magnificent parade in Renaissance costumes, three frenzied laps of the Piazza will decide the winner. The citizens of the winning Contrada then acclaim the horse and the jockey as heroes and will proudly celebrate all year long. Cheer along with all the locals as they go crazy cheering for their favorite horses. Our agency is glad to offer packages that capture the true essence of the Palio, a tailor-made experience that will let you take home “the heart of Siena”.
- This tour is not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
- Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs.Please note that a moderate amount of walking is involved and this tour is not
- A vegetarian menu is available upon request, please specify at the time of booking