Montserrat, Torres Wine Cellars and Sitges Full Day Tour from Barcelona
From: 89,00 €
This full day tour starts with a visit to Montserrat, where we will enjoy a guided visit, including the Monastery and the Church. The tour also includes the entrance to the audio visual exhibition and a taste of typical liquors. Next, we will drive to Torres Wine Cellars, where we will visit the vineyards and the winery, and we will enjoy a wine tasting and a local brunch. Afterwards, we will drive to the sailor village of Sitges, popular by its beaches and its Mediterranean style, there we will do a guided visit through its picturesque streets and we will have free time to explore the town.
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual guide
- Radio guide system
- Taste of 4 typical liquors. Handmade by the monks of the monastery.
- Entrance fee to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat”.
- Entrance fee and guided visit in Torres Wine Cellars. Tasting of two glasses of wine.
- Appetizer-brunch consisting of coca bread with tomato and local cold meat and cheese.
- Guided walking tour in Sitges.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Any other service not specified
- Adults: 89 €/each
- Children (4-12 y.o.): 71 €/each
- Infants (0-3 y.o.): Free
Start your half day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable bus towards the mountain of Montserrat, which rises majestically up to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter).
Montserrat is a multi-peaked rocky range formed of sedimentary rocks shaped by the wind and rain. The popular imagination has seen human and animal shapes in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat was founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia, who is enshrined in the monastery’s Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories, of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending the pilgrims needs, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to enjoy by your own the multiple options that this privileged place offers: audio visual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat or taste of typical liquors of Montserrat handmade by the monks of the monastery (both activities are included). You can also visit the Museum (not included), go into Santa Cova Funicular (not included) or just walk along the trails of the mountain and enjoy its spectaculars views…
At the appointed time, you will meet the guide again to depart to the prestigious wineries of the Torres family in the heart of Penedés, where you will discover and experience all the secrets about the fascinating world of wine. This visit begins with a presentation of the history of the winery, followed by a tour of the vineyards and the winery. During the tour we visit the new space where the iconic wine of the family is made: Mas La Plana. In addition, the visitor has the opportunity to access the Bodega Waltraud and its space of aging the most emblematic Torres wines. At the end of the visit you can delight your palate with a commented tasting of 2 wines and a full local appetizer-brunch.
Afterwards you will be driven on to Sitges, without a doubt one of the most beautiful villages of the Barcelona coast. This sailor village is one of the favorite destinations of the tourists that visit Catalunya. Its micro climate, picturesque old town center with its narrow streets, beautiful beaches, a vibrant cultural live, good food, nice and unique shops turn Sitges into the favorite destination to relax and enjoy the rest of our tour at the Mediterranean coast. You will definitely want to visit Sitges.
You will visit its streets with our guide who will explain you the route originating in Sitges “Indianos” who went to America in search of a better life. After the guided tour you will be free to continue discovering the corners of the city weather, its magnificent beaches or go shopping in the quaint shops of the old town.
- Proper dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes and be ready for some walking.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
- This tour is bilingual.
- Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.