Guided visit to Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba
From: 24,00 €
Know the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba in depth by expert historians. We will guide you to the heart of Al-Andalus, exploring its most important and representative monument.
- Specialized guide.
- Entrances to the monuments.
- Audio receiving device if the group exceeds 10 people.
- Tapa and drink included at the end of the tour.
- Adults: 24 €/each
- Children (10-14 y.o.): 12 €/each
- Infants (0-9 y.o.): Free
Guided Tour to the most outstanding monument of Cordoba, the Mosque-Cathedral. It has been declared World Heritage Site by the UNESCO. The Guided Tour performed by expert historians, will lead you through an alive temple that has been witness to numerous historical events. It will not leave you indifferent.
We will explain the different stages of construction, starting from the remains of the old Visigothic basilica of San Vicente that are still preserved. We will follow the Guided Tour to the old mosque that was built by Emir Abderraman I and the following expansions until the Almanzor period. After the conquest of the city by the Christian army the Mosque became Cathedral and occupied several warehouses due to the enlargement of the Caliph Al-Hakam II for liturgical celebrations. Later on, the existing transept of the Cathedral was built.
- It is necessary to arrive 10 minutes before the departure time.
- Days that the Cabildo has some event planned in the Cathedral (we will inform you as soon as we are informed).
- Days the visit is not made: December 25, January 1 and 6. Note: if the Cabildo informs us that they are not closed for events, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- 10:00 AM – Spanish or English (never at the same time)
- 12:30 PM – Spanish only.
- 04:00 PM/ 05:00 PM – Spanish or English (never at the same time).