Cultural tour to the Mosque-Cathedral in Cordoba
Discover with us the great Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, biggest mosque in the Western world. Unique temple for the islamic and the christian world. You will go with an official guide of the temple. It is divided in two parts: Patio de los naranjos, a yard with orange trees, where you will find the minaret; and the inner zone made of red and white columns.
What does it include?
- Specialised guide
- Adults: 22 €/each
- Children (between 10 y 14): 11 €/each
We will get lost in time trying to discover the origins of the city. Its location close to the river and the goods of its lands made it the ideal place for the first prehistoric occupations. But, it was not until the 9th and 8th century b.C. when the first settlement was properly made. After that, artistic and commercial relationships flourished and made it one of the main cities of the moment.
We will start with a brief introduction in the Patio de los Naranjos, where we’ll discover the origins of the Mosque and the multiple expansions that happened.
Once we are inside, we will get to know the differences and reasons of those expansions with their best kept secrets. Also the christian contribution will be mentioned
Tour in Spanish
- From Monday to Saturday at 10:00 h, 11:30 h, 13:15 h, 16:00 h and 17:30 h
- Sundays at 9:50 h, 16:00 h and 17:30 h
- From the 1st November until the 28th February, it won’t be available at 17:30 h
Tour in English
- From Tuesday to Saturday at 13:15 h and 17:30 h
- From the 1st November until the 28th February, the last tour will be held at 16:00 h