Cultural tour Isbilya, the islamic heritage of Seville
Discover the origins of the current town planning that still preserves a diverse and wealthy inheritance of the islamic heritage. It was during the Almohad period when Isbilya, the current Seville, became the capital of Al-Andalus. During our walk, we will discover the most important remains of that period: mosques, walls…
With your reservation we donate 5% of our income to reforestation or beach cleaning, you choose it
What does it include?
- Experienced guide in heritage.
- Private tours in different languages.
- Group of 1-10 people/80 €
- Group of 11-15 people/100 €
- Group of 16-20 people/125 €
- Group of 21-25 people/150 €
- Group of 26-30 people/175 €
- Group of 31-35 people/200 €
- Group of 36-40 people/225 €
- Group of 41-50 people/250 €
- Group of more than 50 people/300 €
** Tour in other languages (non-spanish) : +30 €
In 711 a. C., muslims took up the city of Seville. They will name it as Isbilya. And during 537 years, the city residents lived under the power of the Islam. In this period, it is built Seville’s Old Town as we now know it.
A diverse and wealthy inheritance is preserved from the islamic period, specially the Almohad period. Isbilya became the biggest city in Al-Andalus. In our walking tour, we will visit the most important remains from this period: mosques, alcaicerías, walls, doors, palaces, fortress, baths, bridges…
Some spots we will visit:
- Plaza del Salvador
- Plaza del Pan
- Torre del Oro